Things that are helping me with BED
- The podcasts Love, Food and Weight Loss Made Real, both available on Stitcher.
- Enlisting my Bullet Journal in the struggle, adapting BuJo techniques of listing and logging to help with this.
- Accepting that weight loss is slow at my age and focusing losing ounces rather than pounds.
- Reading every Kindle book I can get my hands on about Binge Eating Disorder.
- Making it a project to fall in love with the miracle that is my body, just as it is.
- Call a binge a binge. When I come home from work, take a bite of something and just keep on eating, that’s not a meal. That’s a binge.
- Be aware of how much I’m eating. Don’t hide it from myself by taking bites here and there and saying, “That’s got to be X calories.” You don’t know unless you stop and think. Mindfulness. Know what I’m eating, how much and why, all the time.